Place:


Bylaugh  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bylaugh like this:

BYLAUGH, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the river Wensum, 3½ miles ESE of Elmham r. station, and 4½ S of Foulsham. Post Town, Bawdeswell, under Thetford. Acres, 1,546. Real property, £1,701. Pop., 82. Houses, 17. The property is divided between two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £75. Patron, the Rev. H. Lombe. The church is old but good.

Bylaugh through time

Bylaugh is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bylaugh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bylaugh, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2314

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bylaugh ".