Place:


Far Forest  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Far Forest like this:

FAR-FOREST, a chapelry in Ribbesford and Rock parishes, Worcester, and Stottesden parish, Salop; near the Bewdley and Tenbury railway, 4 miles W of Bewdley. Post town, Bayton, under Bewdley. Pop., 655. Houses, 152. The property is subdivided. The chapelry was constituted in -1845. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £101. Patrons, the Rectors of Ribbesford and Rock. The church is good.

Far Forest through time

Far Forest is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Far Forest itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Far Forest, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23102

Date accessed: 21st May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Far Forest ".