Place:


Bowthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bowthorpe like this:

BOWTHORPE, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 3 ½ miles W of Norwich. Post Town, Colney, under Norwich. Acres, 645. Pop., 21. Houses, 4. The living is a donative, annexed to the vicarage of Earlham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was desecrated in the 17th century.

Bowthorpe through time

Bowthorpe is now part of Norwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Norwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bowthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bowthorpe, in Norwich and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2310

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bowthorpe ".