Place:


Dudleston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dudleston like this:

DUDDLESTON, or Dudleston, a township-chapelry in Ellesmere parish, Salop; 3½ miles E by N of Chirk r. station, and 4¼ NW by W of Ellesmere. It contains the hamlets of Coedyralth and Pentrecoed; and has a post office under Ruabon. Pop., 1, 030. The property is sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £238. Patron, the Vicar of Ellesmere. The church is good, and has a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and United Free Methodists.

Dudleston through time

Dudleston is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dudleston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dudleston in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23050

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dudleston ".