Place:


Markshall  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Markshall like this:

MARKSHALL, or MATTISHALL-HEATH, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; on the river Tas, adjacent to the Great Eastern railway, 2½ miles S of Norwich. Posttown, Norwich. Acres, 2,280. Real property, £713. Pop., 34. Houses, 4. The property belongs to R. K. Long, Esq. and Mrs. Dashwood. The living is a sinecure rectory, annexed to the rectory of Caistor, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was relinquished in 1695, and has left some remains.

Markshall through time

Markshall is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Markshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Markshall in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2294

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Markshall ".