Place:


Helhoughton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Helhoughton like this:

HELHOUGHTON, or HELLOUGHTON, a village and a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk. The village stands on the river Wensum, 4½ miles SW by W of Fakenham r. station; and has a post office under Brandon. The parish comprises 1, 637 acres. Real property, £2, 11 1. Pop., 346. Houses, 69. The manor, with most of the property, belongs to the Marquis of Townshend. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of South Raynham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £258. * Patron, the Marquis of Townshend. The church is a plain edifice, with a tower. Charities, £29.

Helhoughton through time

Helhoughton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Helhoughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Helhoughton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2285

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Helhoughton ".