Place:


Snetterton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snetterton like this:

SNETTERTON, a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; 2 miles NNE of Harling-Road r. station, and 4½ SW of Attleborough. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 2,189. Real property, £2,155. Pop., 237. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to the Earl of Albemarle. The living is a rectory, annexed to Quiddenham. The church is good. Charities, £7.

Snetterton through time

Snetterton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Snetterton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snetterton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2274

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Snetterton ".