In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West End like this:
WESTEND, a tything in Worplesdon parish, Surrey; 3¼ miles NW of Guildford. Pop., 341.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West End has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Surrey Heath. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West End and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West End in Surrey Heath | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West End".