In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pockthorpe like this:
POCKTHORPE, a hamlet-chapelry in Norwich, St. James parish, Norfolk; within Norwich city. Real property, £3, 239. Pop., 2,055. Houses, 433. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the living of St. James.
The location is that of St James Pockthorpe church, now the Norwich Puppet Theatre.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pockthorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Norwich. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pockthorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pockthorpe, in Norwich and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pockthorpe".