Place:


Baledgarno  Perthshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Baledgarno like this:

Balledgarno or Ballerno, a village in Inchture parish, Perthshire, 7 miles W of Dundee. It is supposed to have taken its name from an ancient castle, built by a Prince Edgar, and now extinct. Balledgarno House stands in its south-western vicinity, and is a fine mansion, surrounded by plantations.

Baledgarno through time

Baledgarno is now part of Perth and Kinross district. Click here for graphs and data of how Perth and Kinross has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baledgarno itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baledgarno, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22333

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baledgarno ".