Place:


Sauchie  Clackmannanshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Sauchie like this:

Sauchie, a village in the detached portion of Clackmannan parish, with a station on the Devon Valley railway, 1½ mile N by E of Alloa, under which it has a post office. A church here, built as a chapel of ease in 1841-42, was raised to quoad sacra status in 1877. Pop. of q. s. parish (1881) 2935, of whom 1252 were in Alloa parish and 1683 in Clackmannan.—Ord. Sur., sh. 39, 1869.

Sauchie through time

Sauchie is now part of Clackmannanshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Clackmannanshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sauchie itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sauchie in Clackmannanshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22268

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sauchie ".