Place:


Inchyra  Perthshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Inchyra like this:

Inchyra, a village and a mansion in a detached section of Kinnoull parish, SE Perthshire. The village stands on the left bank of the river Tay, 1 mile SW of Glencarse station on the Dundee and Perth section of the Caledonian, and 5 miles ESE of Perth. It has a good harbour, which admits vessels of considerable burden, and a ferry communicating with Fingask in Rhynd parish. Inchyra House, ¾ mile N by E of the village, is a handsome edifice in the Grecian style, with finely wooded grounds.—Ord. Sur., sh. 48, 1868.

Inchyra through time

Inchyra is now part of Perth and Kinross district. Click here for graphs and data of how Perth and Kinross has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Inchyra itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Inchyra, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22163

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Inchyra ".