In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Cliffe like this:
CLIFFE (East), an extra-parochial tract in Dover district, Kent: within Dover town. Pop., 271. Houses, 4.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Cliffe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Dover. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Cliffe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Cliffe, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Cliffe".