Place:


Blackbourn  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blackbourn like this:

BLACKBOURN, a hundred in Suffolk. It lies between Norfolk on the N, Hartismere hundred on the E, and Lackford hundred on the W; and contains Great Ashfield parish, thirty-two other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 63,857. Pop., 15,703. Houses, 3,302.

Blackbourn through time

Blackbourn is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blackbourn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackbourn, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21201

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blackbourn ".