Place:


Mitchell  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mitchell like this:

MICHELL, MICHELL, or ST. MICHAEL, a village partly in St. Enoder parish, Cornwall; 6½ miles NNE of Truro. It is a decayed ancient borough; it sent two members to parliament from the time of Edward VI., till disfranchised by the reform act; it had long a market, now extinct; and it has a post office under Ladock, and a fair on 16 Oct. Pop., about 170.

Mitchell through time

Mitchell is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mitchell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mitchell, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21012

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mitchell ".