Place:


Little Bittering  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Bittering like this:

BITTERING (Little), a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 3 miles N by E of Wendling r. station, and 5 NW of East Dereham. Post Town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 398. Rated property, £384. Pop., 30. Houses, 3. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £100. Patron, James Dover, Esq.

Little Bittering through time

Little Bittering is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Bittering itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Bittering, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20980

Date accessed: 05th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Bittering ".