Place:


Hartshill  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hartshill like this:

HARTSHILL, a chapelry in Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Stafford; near Stoke-upon-Trent. It was constituted in 1843; and its post town is Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 1,835. Houses, 390. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron,M. Campbell, Esq. The new North Staffordshire infirmary, built in 1866-8, has been reported as here; but is in the adjacent chapelry of Penkhull.

Hartshill through time

Hartshill is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hartshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hartshill, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20942

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hartshill ".