Place:


Salford  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Salford like this:

SALFORD, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 2 miles N by E of Woburn-Sands r. station, and 4 N by W of Woburn. Post-town, Woburn. Acres, 900. Real property, £1, 620. Pop., 264. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to the representatives of the Chernocke family. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Holcott, in the diocese of Ely. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £40.

Salford through time

Salford is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Salford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Salford in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2093

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Salford ".