Place:


Blurton  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blurton like this:

BLURTON and LIGHTWOOD-FOREST, a township-chapelry in Trentham parish, Stafford; on the North Stafford railway, adjacent to the Grand Trunk canal, 1 mile SE of Trentham r. station, and 5 SE by E of Newcastle-under-Lyne. Post Town, Trentham, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,210. Real property, £6,985. Pop., 2,857. Houses, 594. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; and till 1866 was united with Redbank. Value, £400.* Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is good.

Blurton through time

Blurton is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blurton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blurton, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20677

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blurton ".