Place:


Navisford  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Navisford like this:

NAVISFORD, a hundred in Northampton; bounded, on the N, by Polebrook, on the E, by Huxloe and Huntingdon, on the S E and S, by Huntingdon and Higham-Ferrers, on the W, by Huxloe; and containing Clapton parish, and six other parishes. Acres, 13, 119. Pop. in 1851, 3,023; in 1861, 3,075. Houses, 647.

Navisford through time

Navisford is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Navisford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Navisford in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20593

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Navisford ".