Place:


Wythburn  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wythburn like this:

WYTHBURN, a chapelry in Crosthwaite parish, Cumberland; at the head of Legberthwaite, under Helvellyn, 7½ miles SSE of Keswick r. station. It has a post-office under Windermere, and a small inn. Rated property, £530. Pop., 116. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £82.* Patron, the Vicar of Crosthwaite. The church is plain.

Wythburn through time

Wythburn is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wythburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wythburn, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20503

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wythburn ".