Place:


Bedstone  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bedstone like this:

BEDSTONE, a parish in the district of Knighton and county of Salop; on a tributary of the river Teme, and on the Craven-Arms and Knighton railway, between Hopton-Heath and Bucknell r. stations, 4½ miles NE by E of Knighton. Post Town, Bucknell, under Aston-on-Clun, Shropshire. Acres, 776. Rated property, £739. Pop., 164. Houses, 26. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £230.* Patron, E. Rogers, Esq. The church is good.

Bedstone through time

Bedstone is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bedstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bedstone in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2050

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bedstone ".