Place:


Whaddon  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whaddon like this:

WHADDON, a parish in Melksham district, Wilts; 2 miles SSW of Melksham r. station. Post town, Trowbridge. Acres, 438. Real property, returned with Alderbury. Pop., 40. Houses, 5. The manor belongs to W. Long, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Hilperton.

Whaddon through time

Whaddon is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whaddon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whaddon in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20492

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whaddon ".