Place:


Trevethin  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trevethin like this:

TREVETHIN-popularly Trebden- a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; nominally 1 mile NNE of Pontypool r. station, but containing Pontypool town, which has a head post-office. Acres, 11,329. Real property, £57,320: of which £4,160 are in mines, £13,900 in ironworks, £34 in quarries, £347 in railways, and £187 in gasworks. ...


Pop. in 1851, 16,864; in 1861, 18,146. Houses, 3,571. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llan-daff. Value, not reported.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of L. The church was restored in 1847. The p. curacies of Abersychan and Pontnewnydd are separate benefices. See Pontypool.

Trevethin through time

Trevethin is now part of Torfaen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torfaen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trevethin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trevethin, in Torfaen and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20476

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trevethin ".