Place:


Acton Scott  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Acton Scott like this:

ACTON-SCOTT, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; near the river Onny, under Wenlock Edge, 2 miles E of Marsh Brook r. station, and 3 S of Church Stretton. Post Town, Church-Stretton. Acres, 1,889. Real property, £2,012. Pop., 207. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £238.* Patron, F. W. Pendarvis, Esq. The church is very good.

Acton Scott through time

Acton Scott is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Acton Scott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Acton Scott in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2045

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Acton Scott ".