Place:


Abdon  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abdon like this:

ABDON, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; under the Clee hills, 7 miles E of Marsh Brook r. station, and 9 NNE of Ludlow. Post Town, Burwarton under Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,134. Real property, £890. Pop., 170. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £147.* Patron, the Earl of Pembroke. The church is tolerable.

Abdon through time

Abdon is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abdon in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2044

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abdon ".