Place:


Chapeltown  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapeltown like this:

CHAPELTOWN, a subdistrict in Hunslet district, W. R. Yorkshire. It contains Chapel-Allerton and Potter-Newton townships in Leeds parish, Shadwell township in Thorner parish, and Roundhay township in Barwick-in-Elmet parish. Acres, 7,274. Pop., 5,930. Houses, 1,252.

The location is that of Chapeltown Road.

Chapeltown through time

Chapeltown is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chapeltown itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapeltown, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20223

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chapeltown ".