Place:


Bucklow  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bucklow like this:

BUCKLOW, a hundred in Cheshire; separated by the river Mersey from Lancashire. It extends southward to Northwich; westward a little past Runcorn; and eastward 3 miles past Altrincham; contains eight parishes and parts of two others; and is cut into two divisions, East and West. Acres of the E. div., 58,638. Pop. in 1851, 26,293. Acres of the W. div., 45,983. Pop. in 1851, 28,582. Pop. of both in 1861, 60,039. Houses, 11,543.

Bucklow through time

Bucklow is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bucklow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bucklow, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20141

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bucklow ".