Place:


Thundridge  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thundridge like this:

THUNDRIDGE, a parish in Ware district, Herts; 2¼ miles N by E of Ware r. station. It contains Wades-Mill village, which has a post-office under Ware. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £3,956. Pop., 489. Houses, 91. The manor belongs to W. G. Puller, Esq. Poles is the seat of R. Hanbury, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £150.* Patron, R. Hanbury, Esq. The church was built in 1853. There are a free school, and charities £45.

Thundridge through time

Thundridge is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thundridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thundridge in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2009

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thundridge ".