Place:


Wisley  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wisley like this:

WISLEY, a parish in Guildford district, Surrey; on the river Wey, 2¾ miles SSW of Weybridge r. station. Post town, Ripley, under Woking Station. Acres, 1,321. Real property, £1,239. Pop., 166. Houses, 42. The manor belongs to Earl Lovelace. The living is a rectory, united with Pyrford, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £210.* Patron, Earl Onslow. The church is ancient.

Wisley through time

Wisley is now part of Guildford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Guildford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wisley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wisley, in Guildford and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1972

Date accessed: 23rd September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wisley ".