Place:


Ide  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ide like this:

IDE, a village and a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon. The village stands 3 miles SSW of Exeter r. station; is commonly called Ede; and has a post office under Exeter.—The parish comprises 1, 435 acres. Real property, £3, 500. Pop., 665. Houses, 158. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is a plain edifice, with later English windows; and has a low embattled tower. There are national schools of 1862, and Charities £4.

Ide through time

Ide is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ide itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ide, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1853

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ide ".