Place:


Bittadon  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bittadon like this:

BITTADON, a parish in Barnstaple district, Devon; 3½ miles SSE of Ilfracombe, and 5½ N by W of Barnstaple r. station. Post Town, Ilfracombe. Acres, 1,018. Real property, £597. Pop., 65. Houses, 11. The property is divided among four. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £83. Patron, W. A. Yeo, Esq. The church is small but good; and contains some fine monuments of the Chichester and Acland families.

Bittadon through time

Bittadon is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bittadon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bittadon in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1749

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bittadon ".