Place:


Limpenhoe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Limpenhoe like this:

LIMPENHOE, a parish, with a village, in Blofield district, Norfolk; near the Yarmouth railway and the river Yare, 2 miles WNW of Reedham r. station, and 11 ESE of Norwich. Post town, Reedham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,075. Real property, £1,918. Pop., 227. Houses, 48. The property is much subdivided. Hill House is the seat of R. Bullard, Esq. The living is a vicarage,annexed to the rectory of Southwood, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has an ivy-mantled tower, and is good. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and a national school.

Limpenhoe through time

Limpenhoe is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Limpenhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Limpenhoe, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1704

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Limpenhoe ".