Place:


Monifieth  Angus

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Monifieth like this:

Monifieth, par. and vil. with ry. sta., S. Forfarshire - par. (containing part of Broughty Ferry), 5952 ac., pop. 9521; vil., on Firth of Tay, 2 m. NE. of Broughty Ferry and 6 m. NE. of Dundee, pop. 1564; P.O., T.O.; has a large jute mill and 2 machine works.

Monifieth through time

Monifieth is now part of Angus district. Click here for graphs and data of how Angus has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Monifieth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Monifieth in Angus | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16971

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Monifieth ".