Place:


Leuchars  Fife

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Leuchars like this:

Leuchars, par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Leuchars Old Station), Fife - par., 13,354 ac., pop. 2185; vil., 5½ miles NW. of St Andrews, pop. 588; P.O., T.O.; the old castle of Leuchars, on Castle Knowe, a little N. of the vil., has disappeared; of the church (12th century), the apse and chancel are Norman, the aisle being modern.

Leuchars through time

Leuchars is now part of Fife district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fife has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leuchars itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leuchars in Fife | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16512

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leuchars ".