Place:


Crantock  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crantock like this:

CRANTOCK, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, at the mouth of the river Gannel, 9 miles WSW of St. Columb-Major, and 10½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, Newquay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2, 552; of which 95 are water. Real property, £2, 823. Pop., 381. Houses, 75. ...


The property is divided among a few. Treago and Tregonell were old seats of respectively the Mynorses and the Tregonells. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £78. Patron, Lord Churston. The church belonged to a college, founded here, by the bishops of Bodmin, before the Conquest; and is good.

Crantock through time

Crantock is now part of Restormel district. Click here for graphs and data of how Restormel has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crantock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crantock, in Restormel and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1612

Date accessed: 26th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crantock ".