Place:


Tyringham  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tyringham like this:

TYRINGHAM-WITH-FILGRAVE, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse, 2¼ miles NNW of Newport-Pagnell r. station. Post town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,736. Real property, £3,116. Pop., 226. Houses, 42. T. House is the seat of W. B. Tyringham, Esq. The living is a double rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £398.* Patron, W. B. Tyringham, Esq. The church is good.

Tyringham through time

Tyringham is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tyringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tyringham, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1561

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tyringham ".