Place:


Broughton Poggs  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton Poggs like this:

BROUGHTON-POGGS, or Broughton-Pogis, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; on the verge of the county, 3½ miles NNE of Lechlade, and 9½ SW by W of Witney r. station. Post Town, Lechlade, under Swindon. Acres, 1,122. Real property, £1,465. Pop., 135. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford; and till 1864 was united with Filkins. Value, £401.* Patron, the Rev. J. M. Farrar. The church is very good.

Broughton Poggs through time

Broughton Poggs is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton Poggs itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton Poggs in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14541

Date accessed: 24th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton Poggs ".