Place:


Ulley  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ulley like this:

ULLEY, a township-chapelry in Treeton and Aston-with-Aughton parishes, W. R. Yorkshire; 2½ miles NE of Woodhouse r. station, and 4¼ SE by S of Rotherham. Post town, Rotherham. Acres, 850. Real property, £1,464. Pop., 165. Houses, 32. The manor belongs to Viscount Halifax. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £91.* Patron, Viscount Halifax. The church is modern; and there is a national school.

Ulley through time

Ulley is now part of Rotherham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rotherham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ulley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ulley, in Rotherham and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14403

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ulley ".