Place:


Stillingfleet  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stillingfleet like this:

STILLINGFLEET, a township in York district, and a parish partly also in Selby and Tadcaster districts, E. R. and W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies near the river Ouse, 4½ miles E by S of Bolton-Percy r. station, and 7 S of York; and bears the name of S.-with-Moreby. Acres, 2,770. Real property, £3,602. ...


Pop., 422. Houses, 92. The parish includes Kelfield and Acaster-Selby townships, and comprises 6,022 acres. Post town, Escrick, under York. Pop., 964. Houses, 201. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £430.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church is ancient. The p. curacy of Acaster-Selby is a separate benefice. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6.

Stillingfleet through time

Stillingfleet is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stillingfleet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stillingfleet, in Selby and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14285

Date accessed: 20th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stillingfleet ".