Place:


Sproatley  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sproatley like this:

SPROATLEY, a parish, with a village, in Skirlaugh district, E. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles N of Hedon r. station-It has a post-office under Hull, and a police station. Acres, 1,380. Real property, £2,390. Pop., 455. Houses, 92. The manor belongs to Sir T. A.Constable, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £253.* Patron, Sir T. A.Constable. The church was rebuilt in 1820. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and some charities.

Sproatley through time

Sproatley is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sproatley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sproatley, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14261

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sproatley ".