Place:


Little Coxwell  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Coxwell like this:

COXWELL (Little), a township-chapelry in Great Faringdon parish, Berks; 1½ mile S of Faringdon r. station, and 4½ NE of Shrivenham. It has a post office under Faringdon. Real property, £1, 867. Pop., 302. Houses, 75. The property is much subdivided. A double-ditched Roman camp is here; and commands a a good view. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Faringdon, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is good.

Little Coxwell through time

Little Coxwell is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Coxwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Coxwell, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1423

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Coxwell ".