Place:


Sewerby  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sewerby like this:

SEWERBY-WITH-MARTON, a township-chapelryin Bridlington parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, at Marton r. station, 2 miles N E of Bridlington. Post-town, Bridlington, under Hull. Acres, 2, 173; of which 113 are water. Real property, £3, 949. Pop., 342. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to G. ...


Lloyd, Esq. S. House is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy, united with Grindall, in the diocese of York. Value, £181. Patron, G. J. Yarburgh, Esq. The church was built in 1847, and is in the Norman style, with tower and small spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school.

Sewerby through time

Sewerby is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sewerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sewerby, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14199

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sewerby ".