Place:


Wyville  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wyville like this:

WYVILLE-WITH-HUNGERTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; 3½ miles W by S of Great Ponton r. station, and 5 SSW of Grantham. Post town, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 1,670. Real property, £1,840. Pop., 155. Houses, 28. The living is a double rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £35. Patron, the Bishop of L. The church was built in 1858.

Wyville through time

Wyville is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wyville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wyville, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14094

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wyville ".