Place:


Willingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willingham like this:

WILLINGHAM, a parish and a sub-district in Gainsborough district, Lincoln. The parish lies 2 miles NE of Marton r. station, and 5½ SE by S of Gainsborough; and has a post-office under Gainsborough. Acres, 2,170. Real property, £3,096. Pop., 520. Houses, 116. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £352.* Patron, B. E. Hawke, Esq. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a parochial school.—The sub-district contains 10 parishes. Acres, 28,634. Pop., 4,037. Houses, 827.

Willingham through time

Willingham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willingham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14075

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willingham ".