Place:


Weston  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston like this:

WESTON, a parish, with a village and a r. station, in Spalding district, Lincoln; on the Spalding and Lynn railway, 3 miles NE of Spalding. Post town, Spalding. Acres, 5,386. Real property, £12,741. Pop., 750. Houses, 161. There are three manors; and that of Spalding-cum-Membris belongs to M. Johnson, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £290. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century and cruciform, and has a later English tower. There are Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £40.

Weston through time

Weston is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14057

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston ".