Place:


Thurlby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurlby like this:

THURLBY, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 3 miles ESE of Swinderby r. station, and 8½ NE of Newark. Post town, Newark. Acres, 1,802. Real property, £2,768. Pop., 142. Houses, 23. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to Sir E. G. Bromhead, Bart. The living is a rectory in The diocese of Lincoln. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of L. The church has been beautifully restored.

Thurlby through time

Thurlby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurlby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurlby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13974

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurlby ".