Place:


Threckingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Threckingham like this:

THRECKINGHAM, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 6½ miles S by E of Sleaford r. station. Post town, Falkingham. Acres, 2,270. Real property, £2,331. Pop., 189. Houses, 35. The manor belongs to A. Heathcote, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £145. Patron, A. Heathcote, Esq. The church is Norman and early English; and there are chapels for Calvinists and Baptists.

Threckingham through time

Threckingham is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Threckingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Threckingham, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13970

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Threckingham ".