Place:


Upper Stondon  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Stondon like this:

STONDON (Upper), a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; 1 mile W of Henlow r. station, and 2½ S of Shefford. Post town, Biggleswade. Acres, 575. Real property, £558. Pop., 66. Houses, 9. The manor belongs to Countess Cowper. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £125.* Patron, the Rev. R. Hull. The church was rebuilt in 1857.

Upper Stondon through time

Upper Stondon is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upper Stondon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Stondon in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1393

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upper Stondon ".