Place:


Stroxton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stroxton like this:

STROXTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; 3½ miles S by W of Grantham r. station. Post town, Grantham. Acres, 970. Real property, £1,547. Pop., 107. Houses, 22. The manor belongs to Sir G. E. Welby, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £306.* Patron, Sir G. E. Welby. Bart. The church is good.

Stroxton through time

Stroxton is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stroxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stroxton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13781

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stroxton ".